Monday, November 16, 2009

Be Still


"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" (Psalm 46:10). I was reminded in my reading this morning of God. He truly will be exalted. No matter the turmoil around me, He is still in control and He will be exalted. I love the New American Standard version of this verse that says, “Cease striving.” There is a great rest knowing that God is unassailable and His purposes will stand. The challenge I see is to keep before me my purpose: to know Him and to glorify Him by enjoying Him. He is my “refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.” Oh how easy it is to look at the tumult and not look to Him with eyes of faith. He will be exalted. Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment